As much as the Colour of the Year for 2014 is Radiant Orchid, orange is also having a moment. The tangerine trend has been spotted on both eyes and lips, so blue-eyed beauties you’re in luck! Blue is right across from orange on the colour wheel, therefore if you’re aiming to enhance your baby blues then work with warm colours in the same family. i.e. peach, apricot, shimmering golds, etc. it’s also easy for your peepers to pull off light pinks and lilacs – but if you’re going for something to really make blue eyes pop? Stick to orange.
If Maybelline’s Color Tattoo in Fierce and Tangy is a bit too intense for you, don’t worry – the shades Bad to the Bronze and Tough as Taupe will also look great. If you consider yourself to be lost when it comes to eye makeup application, fret not! Messing up application with this won’t be easy, because you just use your fingers to apply it.
For those who prefer coloring, be sure to check out: NYX’s Jumbo Eye Pencils in: 612 Gold, 621A Pure Gold and 631 Sparkle Leopard; these warm shades are sure to bring out your eyes without making you feel intimidated. Don’t forget to try Loose Eye Pearl Shadows in Orange Zest Pearl, Orange, and Oro also by NYX Cosmetics.
For liners, try:
- Covergirl Liquiline Blast in Violet Voltage 440 and Silver Spark 430
- Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil in 15 Flirting Game (taupe), 03 Fifth Avenue (grey) and cookie Crunch (golden brown)
- Sephora Collection Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear in 04 Taupe and 22 Dark Taupe
Need an eye look? The next time you’re playing around at MAC try this combo:
- Apply Amber Lights on the lid, using a flat stiff brush to really build up the colour. Also smudge this right below the lower lashline
- Transition with a soft beige-brown shade such as Texture to really make your colors blend well, and this will also add slight defintion
- For deeper definition blend in Satin Taupe right where your lid colour – Amber Lights, is about to meet your transition shade from the previous step
- Highlight your brow bones using Ricepaper or Butterscotch – and place this on the inner corners to really make your eyes pop
Pressed for time? Try these quick and easy options using only 2 shades
Expensive Pink or on the lid, and also in the inner corners. Blend the shade Texture right in the crease using a fluffy crease brush
When doing smokey eyes, stick to taupe shades and bronze shades to avoid making you look washed out. This also prevents the makeup distracting from your eye color. Use Diesel on your lid, and Satin Taupe in the crease. Then smudge a charcoal grey liner close to the lashline and don’t forget to also line your inner rims with this colour. Remember that white sometimes enhances blue quite nicely, so when in doubt, keep it simple as seen below.
Disclaimer: None of the images used in this post are my own. These images were obtained from Glamour’s website to provide better visualizations regarding the way in which the colours complement each other.
Remember that there’s also a post on Makeup for Green Eyes!