Even though it’s summer, you want your makeup to look its best and have longevity regardless of the season. These 5 tips will help combat the sweat and humidity – something you’ll experience year-round if you live in somewhere warm and wonderful like Jamaica 🙂
- Prime your face using Rimmel’s Stay Matte primer (8CDN) – this allows your foundation to go on smoothly and keep your face from looking oily without feeling dry. Read a full review of this product here.
- For long lasting eye shadow and eyeliner, try E.l.f Cosmetics’ Eyelid Primer – it costs no more than about 3USD; not as great as Urban Decay’s Primer Potion, but it gets the job done.
- Set your foundation using setting powder, or an illuminating translucent powder such as Bare Minerals Mineral Veil in Illuminating (20CDN) – it’s almost impossible to mess up. Be sure to tap off the excess in the cover before applying, and for this you should use a big, fluffy powder brush.
- Lastly, use a setting spray – Urban Decay’s Stay All Night (15CDN) is great for beauty aficionados and newbies alike – just remember to close your eyes and hold it at arm’s length when spraying.
- Don’t forget to carry your Boscia blotting linens (12CDN for 100 sheets) to blot off any sweat or oil throughout the day!