I had written previously that I would be reviewing this product, so as promised, here are my thoughts. I bought these a few weeks ago when I received my Real Techniques Core Collection brush set; these Hard Candy products were on sale for 1CDN each (0.35oz) so I grabbed 2. At first they caught my eye simply because they were miniature – I have a love for all things miniature or travel sized; they’re just so cute! I swatched one, and I like it, so for a dollar each – what’s the worst that could happen?
- For those of you familiar with MAC’s Lustre Drops in Sun Rush, Glamazon Bronze is significantly darker and it also has a creamier, slightly thicker texture.
- For those of you familiar with NARS Illuminator in Laguna, Glamazon Bronze is lighter – Laguna has less gold and looks more brown in comparison.
- Glamazon Bronze actually resembles a combination of both products – it has the golden tones of Sun Rush combined with the bronze/brown tones of Laguna.
According to Hard Candy this has been “infused with 24 karat gold for a million dollar look”, and it’s a face and body luminizer (i.e. Tal uses this as an illuminator with her foundation). I’ve been mixing this in with my L’Oreal foundation, or just applying some in a “C” shape around my eye area, down my nose and on my chin. Do take note though, you may want to be careful if you have oily skin because shimmery products make you look oilier. What I love about this is that it isn’t on sheerer side as many illuminators tend to be. Whenever I mix this in with my True Match, I always get complimented on how ‘glow-y’ my makeup looks, and I can actually see the difference.
Glamazon Bronze can work for everyone, and even though I bought these on sale for 1CDN, it’s Hard Candy – so regularly it probably won’t cost more than 5CDN. Simply mix some in with your foundation, or apply a little on the top of your cheekbones to get the ‘million dollar look’ that Hard Candy says this will give. Use this with a buffing brush or stippling brush when applying your foundation so that the illuminating effect isn’t lost; I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to get everything blended in nicely.
The perfect summer look incorporating this product:
- Apply a BB Cream or light foundation mixed in with Glamazon Bronze
- Go over this with a light dusting of Bare Minerals Mineral Veil in ‘Illuminating’
- Apply a matte beige shadow all over the eye, and blending MAC’s Mulch right into the crease
- Use a pop of colour on the eyes with a turqoise liner, such as Sephora’s Summer Cruise Waterproof Liner
- Use a pop of colour on the lips with Maybelline’s Hot Plum or Color Elixir in Vision in Violet or if you’re not feeling too bold, try a nude lip
- Go for a light shimmery blush, such as Rose d’Oro by Milani
Apply your favourite mascara, and set with Urban Decay’s All-Nighter or MAC’s Fix Plus, and voila!
The next time you go to Wal Mart, make sure to grab one or ten of these little gems! They’re worth it!
Remember to check out my post on caring for dry skin