Do you have dark circles or puffy under eyes?
We’ve all seen it…and you know what I’m talking about. Just take a minute to picture it – a lady is dressed in a fluffy white robe, she has some thick mask of the sort slathered all over her face, and what else? Cucumbers on her eyes of course! Does the mask work? Maybe, if it contains charcoals to get rid of impurities. Do the cucumber slices work? Yes, yes they do!
- If you don’t want to purchase an eye cream (because maybe you won’t use it that much), natural oils that are safe for the face help with dark circles.
- Along with prolonged computer usage and lack of sleep, dryness causes under eye darkness – so increase your water intake.
- Use a little of Tarte’s Maracuja oil or Josie Maran’s argan oil under your eyes before you go to sleep (give it enough time to be absorbed by your skin)
- Slice a piece of cucumber the night before and cut in half to give you 2 semi – circles; put these under your eyes in the morning to reduce puffiness. Cold spoons and dampened cotton balls that have been rested in the freezer will also do the trick.
When you cut a piece of cucumber and look closely – you’ll see tiny water droplets, the cucumber pieces will also be cold; the water from the cucumber handles the hydration aspect, while the fact that they’re cold will rid your eyes of puffiness.
I had stated in a post last week that I would giving my thoughts on Bobbi Brown’s Extra Eye Repair Cream, so here goes.
I usually use Clarins Younger Longer Balm on the nights that I choose to add an eye cream to my skincare routine. This Extra Eye Repair Cream works so well, my skin absorbs it quickly and it feels very moisturizing. It has no scent and feels really lightweight. Also, because it has a pretty creamy consistency, a little goes a long —way – I just swirl my finger in the little pot about 3 times and then dab it under my eyes in the same way that I would apply concealer.
In the past week, I’ve found that since using this Extra Eye Repair Cream the darkness under my eyes has been reduced and I when I touch the area in the morning it still feels quite moisturized. I can understand why this retails for about 80CDN per jar, but if that price tag doesn’t float your boat – that’s perfectly fine. Simply ask for a sample at Sephora or at a Bobbi Brown cosmetics counter. I’ve also sampled an eye cream by Origins from their GinZing line (formulated with ginseng to increase energy and decrease puffiness) which wasn’t bad, and I’ve also tried one from Ole Henriksen – this one wasn’t that great to be honest.
Use this if:
- You’ve had an all-nighter, i.e. you’ll be running on about 4 hours of sleep the next morning.
- You plan on wearing minimal makeup/no makeup one day, but you still want to look presentable – apply this eye cream the night before.
- You’ve been wearing a lot of makeup all week, and for this reason you were applying many products to the under eye area, thus removing a lot of products from the under eye area.
- You wear glasses or use eye drops and this causes you to have any under eye darkness or bags
Remember to check these other posts:
- MAC vs. NYX Eyeshadow Edition
- Milani Baked Blush in Rose d’ Oro
- MAC vs. NYX Blush Edition
- MAC’s Eyeshadow in Mulch